Sunday, March 30, 2014

Lingering on.

As usual I was awake.
Holding to that hope every night. 
Your text and that call you made to me that night, meant a lot to me even if you told me you can't remember anything that day. 
Believe it or not, when I saw that text I knew. 
When I got your call, I knew you won't remember what I said or even what you said then. 
Though I remembered everything. 
Though I meant what I said. 
Well .. Not that your words then will bring us anywhere, but it really meant something to me. 
Becauss it's things, I haven't heard for a very long time. 
Words I never knew, still affect me that much. 
Words, you don't remember anymore. 

It's kinda unfair. 
For you to call out of the blue and to say those words.  
But the next morning, you forget about them. 
And that left me, the only one to know, with words that linger. 
For you to start talking to me and then the next day, you stop. 
Yes, I think about you everyday. 
It took me hard enough to resist my temptation to contact you, to ever disturb what we built over these few months. 
But there's just some of the days when I just can't get by myself. 
Though once the conversation ends I regretted even starting one. 
Because it only makes me miss you more. 

How life's gonna be if we're still together, I wonder about it everyday. 

No comments: